Shandam Consulting is a collection of experienced individuals with diverse technical and administrative backgrounds. Together, we develop and maintain a strong foundation in process and communication.
Whether you’re an incoming executive looking for an honest assessment before your next high visibility project or a lead engineer looking for help with a complex system integration, we are here to help. A broad overview of our most requested services is below, but we strive to ensure our services are customized to each client. Let us help you plan an effort that meets your specific needs.
Make important decisions based on facts instead of hearsay.
We specialize in designing an assessment that targets your specific area of interest as large or small as that effort may be. We can help you make important decisions based on documented facts instead of risky assumptions.
An IT assessment from Shandam Consulting will identify your IT risks and present them in a clear manner that executive managers, supervisors, and engineers will each understand and—more importantly—embrace.
Completing a Shandam Assessment can answer the following questions:
- Are your systems in good working order and ready for your next big initiative?
- Is your project threatened before it starts due to an overly complex and under-maintained infrastructure?
- Are you using currently supported and stable software and hardware?
- Are your solutions meeting your organizations needs?
- Are your systems secure against the most common threats?
- Does your staff have the necessary skills and tools to do their jobs?
- Is critical data being backed up in a recoverable manner?
Here are some of the more common assessment requests we get from our clients:
- IT / Data Center Infrastructure (power, cooling, etc.)
- Security (physical, network, etc.)
- VoIP Readiness
- Performance (application, system, network, etc.)
- Best Practices
- Planning and Implementation
- Individual Systems or Deployments (smaller scope “spot” assessments)
Security is not simply a product you can buy.
You need your security efforts to minimize complexity and secure your environment. Effective security starts with an honest consideration of your organization’s operational requirements and its defense posture.
Your requirements, combined with our proven methodology, provide a solid framework for choosing and developing your solutions.
Don’t have another product vendor tell you what you need and throw yet another security device onto the heap. Contact us today to experience a company who helps you determine what you actually need, independent of product bias.
- Firewall and VPN
- Intrusion Prevention
- Anti-virus and Malware
- Network Access Control
- Two Factor Authentication
- Monitoring and Alerting
Don’t let your product vendor be the strongest voice in your solution.
Shandam Consulting has built a reputation upon designing and implementing IT solutions that are driven by your needs, not a vendor’s products. We help clients define and evaluate solutions BEFORE product selection and let the data determine the solution.
Beyond bringing in new products, we demonstrate good practices and mentor staff and managers through the selection, build, and adoption of a new IT solution. And when we complete a project, our clients have real experience with their own system because they helped design, build, and document it. This hands on approach provides your team the best chance of successfully taking over the reins and managing a new solution.
If you’re looking for a company to spend X hours to slam a system in and walk away, go with our competitors. They’ll sell you whatever they can and turn it on as quickly as possible. However, if you need a solution to work well, and for your staff to be able to work with it, call us. It’s what we do.
Here are a few samples of the solutions we commonly develop and integrate:
- Next generation firewalls (NGFW)
- Switch infrastructure
- WAN architecture and routing
- Load balancing and other advanced appliances
- Wireless networks (WLAN)
- Remote access
- Microsoft AD architecture
- Remote Access Design and Implementation
Are you still finding out about outages from your customers?
You already know you need a system to track the health of your IT services, but an endless stream of noisy alerts from numerous products is easy to ignore.
Shandam designs monitoring strategies that actually work because they are tuned to communicate only important information in a way that doesn’t overwhelm your staff.
Find out how our clients are transforming their monitoring solutions from an inadequate toolset to an effective platform for communicating real IT metrics within your IT organization.
- IT Infrastructure (HVAC, power, etc.)
- Key IT Metrics
- Logging and Alerting
- Advanced Monitoring
Keep your IT project out of the news.
We’ve all seen the media stories about another large IT project that has gone over budget and failed to meet expectations. In almost all cases, these failures come down to poor project management.
Shandam Consulting specializes in developing and executing projects in a way that makes sense for IT operations and the company as a whole.
Here are a few examples of large projects we have led that you have never heard about because they were delivered on time and under budget.
- Network Upgrade: California Energy Commission
- Virtualization/Network Migration: California State Lands Commission
- Wireless Network Implementation: California Energy Commission, Solano Irrigation District
- Cisco Call Manager (VoIP): Department of Water Resources – O&M Division
- Data Center Co-location: California Public Utilities Commission